Dental Implants Florham Park, NJ
Having a missing tooth or wearing dentures can not only feel embarrassing, but it can make normal tasks like chewing or speaking difficult to do. If you have missing teeth or wear dentures and wish you could replace your missing teeth and have it feel like just natural teeth, dental implants might be the perfect option for you. At A Healthy Smile Dentistry, our dentist understands the daily struggle of patients with missing teeth or those who don’t feel secure wearing dentures. Discover how dental implants in Florham Park can restore your smile and self-confidence with a beautiful new smile.
What are Dental Implants?
What exactly are dental implants you might wonder? Dental implants are false tooth roots made of titanium posts that are surgically inserted into your jaw. They act as tooth roots while a restoration is attached to what is called an abutment to restore your missing tooth. Dental implants secure restorations to your jawbone to give you a natural feeling restoration for your missing teeth.
Types of Dental Implants in Florham Park
At A Healthy Smile Dentistry, we offer a variety of dental implants solutions at our Florham Park dental office. These include:
- Implant Supported Dentures – Implant supported dentures are dentures that are secured using dental implants. This means you will never take your dentures out, they are in your mouth permanently. Replace your entire jaw of teeth using implant supported dentures in Florham Park.
- All-On-4 Dentures – These dental implants use only 4 implants per jaw to secure your dentures. This is a more cost-effective solution than traditional implant supported dentures that use at least 6 implants per jaw.
- Single Implants – If you only have one missing tooth, your tooth can be replaced with a single dental implant using a dental crown. The dental crown is shaped and color to complement the rest of your smile.
- Implant Supported Dental Bridges – For sections of missing teeth, our dentist can give you an implant-supported a dental bridge. This consists of using two implants to anchor the dental bridge of a false tooth.
- Implant Supported Partial Dentures – We can also secure partial dentures to your jaw for missing sections of teeth.
Who is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Unfortunately, not every patient in Florham Park is a good candidate for dental implants. Dental implants have specific requirements for who can be a candidate.
- Free of periodontal disease (gum disease)
- Adequate bone density in the jaw to hold implants in place
- Good oral health
- Nonsmokers are preferred
- Patient must not have any diseases or disorders that may affect the body’s ability to heal
- Patients who have been treated for oral cancer are usually not candidates
Our Florham Park dentist will determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants during your initial consultation and exam. If you do not have enough bone density in your jaw, we can perform a bone graft for you. Our dentist will let you know if dental implants are right for you.
Dental Implants Procedure
The process for installing dental implants is not difficult, however, it requires patience. First, our dentist will need to complete a dental exam by taking a CT scan. This x-ray will give us all the information we need to place your implants in the correct spot. If any teeth need to be pulled, this will need to happen before your surgery and your gums will need to be completely healed.
Once you have been given the green light for surgery, our dentist will first numb up your mouth using a local anesthetic. From there, she will make an incision in your gums, drill a hole and then fit the implant snuggly in place. Your gums are then stitched over to allow your mouth to heal. Healing will take several months to complete.
Once your gums are healed, we will make a small incision in your gums to expose the implant. From there, we will attach the abutment to the implant, which rests above the gum line. Our dentist will then take impressions of your gums and tooth and send them off to the lab. Once they have returned, our dentist will permanently attach them to the abutment and your smile will be restored.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are a lot of benefits of dental implants you should know about when choosing them as your treatment. First, patients experience a boost in self-esteem thanks to having a natural feeling and looking restoration in their mouth. You can expect to eat, talk and smile with ease, easily forgetting that you have dental implants in the first place.
Another benefit of dental implants is that your bone density in your jaw continues to grow. This helps you maintain your youthful face and keep your other teeth held in place. If you want the closest thing to a natural tooth, dental implants in Florham Park are the right solution for you.
Dental Implants Aftercare
The last thing you should know about dental implants is how to care for them. Aftercare is imperative for preventing dental implants from failing. To care for your dental implants, we recommend continuing a proper at-home dental hygiene routine including brushing and flossing twice a day. We also recommend that you visit us for your regular dental exam and cleaning every 6 months so that we can ensure your teeth and gums are healthy. If you happen to develop a gum infection, it’s likely that your implants fail. Keep your smile healthy and you can expect your implants to last the rest of your life.
Visit A Healthy Smile Dentist in Florham Park for Dental Implants
If you are ready to replace your missing teeth with dental implants, it’s time to give our dentist in Florham Park a call at 973-377-2222 or visit our online form to request an appointment. Feel free to ask us any questions you might have. We are happy to answer them!